Sunday, November 4, 2007

Abrazo en Familia WeeK!

People, people! We are celebrating hugs this week! Abrazo en Familia is a tradition in Venezuela that takes place during the second week of November. Catholic schools all over the country celebrate this wonderful festivity talking about the meaning of living in a FAMILY!

This is a great opportunity to hug everybody. Here, in URBE! This week students and teachers from the ESL Center will be emulating Juan Mann and his brighten a day campaign of FREE HUGS! Get ready to hug each other and celebrate Abrazo en Familia Week.

All you have to do is to stand up with arms wide open and hug or hug back members of this family.... URBE Family! Happy Free Hug Week to everybody! We are going to make a video and take lots of photos to post here. Hope to see you around! Everybody is invited! Bring your FREE HUGS sign!

Here is Juan Mann's story! To read more go to his website


Brighten Up A Strangers Day 'Free Hugs'. - Click here for the funniest movie of the week

All The Same lyrics
by Sick Puppies.

I don't mind where you come from
As long as you come to me
I don't like illusions I can't see
Them clearly

I don't care no I wouldn't dare
To fix the twist in you
You've shown me eventually
What you'll do

I don't mind...
I don't care...
As long as you're here

Go ahead tell me you'll leave again
You'll just come back running
Holding your scarred heart in hand
It's all the same
And I'll take you for who you are
If you take me for everything
Do it all over again
It's all the same

Hours slide and days go by
Till you decide to come
And in between it always seems too long
All of a sudden

And I have the skill, yeah I have the will
To breathe you in while I can
However long you stay
Is all that I am
[ All The Same lyrics found on http://www.completealbumlyrics.com/ ]

I don't mind...
I don't care...
As long as you're here

Go ahead tell me you'll leave again
You'll just come back running
Holding your scarred heart in hand
It's all the same
And I'll take you for who you are
If you take me for everything
Do it all over again
It's always the same

Wrong or right
Black or white
If I close my eyes
It's all the same

In my life
The compromise
I close my eyes
It's all the same

Go ahead say it you're leaving
You'll just come back running
Holding your scarred heart in hand
It's all the same
And I'll take you for who you are
If you take me for everything
Do it all over again
It's all the same

Here, we have another great video... so we get inspired

FREE HUGS - Brisbane 13-April-2007 - These bloopers are hilarious

5 comments:

Eliana Matheus said...

you post really good blogs! teacher in my blog there ir my english presentations, please check it!
Eliana Matheus.
level 5

Anonymous said...

hello!
The week of the hug in family is very popular here in venezuela. all week you can hug your parents, brothers,sisters, friends, it's really wonderful....xD

Marianni Osorio
P-111

pikec85 said...

Hehe, very good song, I think - I have listened it on and on when I saw the videos of free hugs. When Free Hugs were going on here in Nova Gorica, I tried to participate in them, but unfortunatelly I was working. You cannot hug and work as a waiter in a crowded bar in the center of Nova Gorica (Splendid bar). But it was really fun looking people hugging each other ...
Good work!

Anonymous said...

I think that "free hugs" it's a great idea because permit you help another person that needs affection and company and everyone can participate.

sladkitrak said...

hello!! Yes these "free hugs" are very nice!! I hope that become a tradicional way for connesting people!!!:=)